*APY = Annual Percentage Yield. **DR = Dividend Rate.
The 15-month certificate offer is available effective August 1, 2022 through October 31, 2022, end date is subject to change.
- Rate Information. The Annual Percentage Yield is a percentage rate that reflects the total amount of dividends to be paid on an account based on the dividend rate and frequency of compounding for an annual period. The Dividend Rate and Annual Percentage Yield are fixed and will be in effect for the initial term of the account. For accounts subject to dividend compounding, the Annual Percentage Yield is based on an assumption that dividends will remain on deposit until maturity. A withdrawal of dividends will reduce earnings.
- Dividend Period. For each account, the dividend period is the account’s term. The dividend period begins on the first day of the term and ends on the maturity date.
- Dividend Compounding and Crediting. The compounding and crediting frequency of dividends will be monthly, unless otherwise indicated.
- Balance Information. The minimum balance requirements applicable to each account is $500. To open any account, you must deposit or already have on deposit at least the par value of one full share in a Main Share account. Dividends are calculated by the Daily Balance method, which applies a periodic rate to the balance in the account each day.
- Accrual of Dividends. Dividends will begin to accrue on noncash deposits (e.g. checks) on the business day you make the deposit to your account.
- Transaction Limitations. After your account is opened you may make withdrawals subject to the early withdrawal penalties stated below.
- Maturity. Your account will mature as stated on your Account Receipt or Renewal Notice.
- Early Withdrawal Penalty. We may impose a penalty if you withdraw from your account before the maturity date.
- Amount of Penalty. The penalty is equal to the lesser of all dividends for 90 days on the amount withdrawn, or all dividends on the amount withdrawn since the date of issuance or renewal.
- How the Penalty Works. The penalty is calculated as a forfeiture of part of the dividends that have been or would be earned on the account. It applies whether or not the dividends have been earned. In other words, if the account has not yet earned enough dividends or if the dividends have already been paid, the penalty will be deducted from the principal.
- Exceptions to Early Withdrawal Penalties. At our option, we may pay the account before maturity without imposing an early withdrawal penalty under the following circumstances:
- When an account owner dies or is determined legally incompetent by a court or other body of competent jurisdiction.
- Where the account is an Individual Retirement Account (IRA) and any portion is paid within seven (7) days after the establishment; or where the account is an IRA and the owner attains age 59 ½ or becomes disabled.
- Dividend Withdrawals. You can only withdraw dividends credited in the term before maturity of that term without penalty. You can withdraw dividends anytime during the term of crediting after they are credited to your account.
- Renewal Policy. Your Certificate accounts are automatically renewable accounts. You have a grace period of 10 days after maturity in which to withdraw funds in the account without being charged an early withdrawal penalty. The 15-month Certificate will automatically renew for 12 months at the then current 12-month dividend rate and annual percentage yield.
- Nontransferable/Nonnegotiable. Your account is nontransferable and nonnegotiable.
- Membership. As a condition of membership, you must purchase and maintain the minimum required share(s) as set forth below:
Par Value of One Share: $5.00
Number of Shares Required: 1 per owner